I would love to hear about any partnership/collaboration ideas that you may have!
The focus of my blog is to share other blogger stories about mental health & daily life struggles, and the things that help them stay sane & kicking butt at life. As someone who’s worked and written about mental health for the US military and their families, I wanted to continue the effort along the way and re-brand my blog to share others’ stories.
**At this time, I am not doing any “post for post” collaborations. I am only accepting guest blog posts regarding mindfulness, mental health, disability or overall wellness at the moment. If you have a story that you want to share with the world, or want your post to possibly help others, then feel free to send your idea my way!
I am open to doing the following:
Here are my current guidelines for posting with me: (updated August 2019)
- Guest posts should be 500-700 words in length (excluding the author bio, titles and social media links.)
- The maximum amount of photos for each guest post is 2-3. If using stock photos from Pexels or Unsplash, please include citation under each photo in your post or in your email to me.
- When sending your guest post, please attach the photos to the email at high resolution. Do not put them in the document as quality will be severely hindered.
- As of today (August 16th), I am full up until October with guest posters since I am only doing one per weekend at the moment. I am now taking holiday related posts (Thanksgiving, Christmas, fall, winter etc.)
- I’m not only taking posts regarding mental illness – I’ve expanded to include disabilities and mindfulness (meditation how-to’s, aromatherapy, music for relaxation etc.) I’m always a fan of having repeat guests who follow my guidelines, so if interested please let me know.
- I have also expanded to start accepting seasonal posts for the upcoming seasons of fall and winter. If you have something related to autumn, Thanksgiving, Christmas, winter etc. please let me know and we can pre-schedule you in to release during one of those weekends.
- When your guest post goes “live” on my blog, please share the crap out of it! Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest you name it – and please tag me! The point of having guests is to help promote each other. My social media links are below, and I am heavily using Twitter these days. I always respond to blogger share threads with my latest posts throughout the week at least 10 times with your post if you happen to be the guest for that weekend. I would hope you do the same! Here are a few good ones to follow on Twitter: The Clique- Bloggers RT, GingerBloggers RT, Golden Bloggerz, Blogging Babes, All Those Blogs, Blogger Love Share, BlogLove, and Bloggers Hut. (I realize some/alot of these are UK based – but the more the merrier and I have a lot of followers from the UK.) They have daily blog comment threads or follow threads to discover new bloggers and blogs to read and it’s one of the best ways to get your post out there to be read.
- When you send over a guest post, please be sure to include your author bio, a photo of yourself (good quality if you can!) and your social media links so I can promote you in my newsletter.
If you are interested in working with me on any of the above, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com – for the most recent updates to my requirements to guest blogging, please subscribe as I often put the changes in there!
Mental Health Magazine
Interested in helping my start up magazine that I’d like to get rolling soon? As a contributor of $10 or more, you’ll get access to the first publication for free, free advertising spot with me for 3 months and a shout-out on social media (Instagram, Facebook Pages or Twitter) for helping out!